Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The boredom struggle


My current position at my job leaves me with much time to think &...That is exactly what I end up doing for the mass majority of my time. Although I am content with myself in knowing I am meeting the living standards in our society by working and earning money everyday, I am not fully satisfied. When I use the word satisfied it translates to me as happy, I am not happy. (Just with the work status the rest is pretty peachy).  I have a printed sheet of inspirational thoughts right beside my desk and one of the quotes read "If you don't like your job, quit." My responsible self knows that is an irrational and foolish decision, and wouldn't go to that extent. My more creative and sensitive self thinks otherwise. If all I want to do is wait for the clock to strike 5:00 P.M so I can run out of here like a teenager on the last day of school, why am I wasting so much time to only come alive and feel like myself and feel happy after work hours? Crazy what we'll give up for money :S

No comments:

Post a Comment