Thursday, June 16, 2011

Busted Bubble

I was reading the classifieds as if my dream job was going to just slap me in the face. I read over every seemingly exciting job placement; 'Promo models needed, marketing assisstant, security guard... and the list never ends. Every minute some new employer would post another office admin job. My eyes got so tired of looking at what my future would potentially become: A back-aching, eye-soaring 8 hour day in and day out state of oblivion, for the next 40 years. I am in the process of reading a book that is basically a collection of stories of people just like myself who were stuck in between where they were in life and where they wanted to be. The author was correct when he made the assumption that just about everyone was waiting for this grand ephiany to shine a light of the path of happiness and enlightenment. But the reality is we are in charge of discovering our own path. My path goes off track just about every 6 months, I will find a job within a decent (but not appealing to my personality at all!!!) company and I will settle because of course I need the money. No sooner do I figure out this is not where I want to be in life and I slowly disconnect from my present state of adult hood and responisibility than slowly I mentally vanish. I remember someone telling me once that we can only use excuses for so long in our life-time and actually get away with it until eventually it was time to settle. Well my 20 year old ass was at that time in life, my 'journey' was not percieved as a search for my greater calling in life, it was considered laziness and a lack of responsibility. For people who don't know me the way I know myself that would be a fair conclusion, but for those who understand the strive for greatness no matter how big or how small, I am daring and different. I like being different but so does every other friggin' person on the planet. Ironically our desires to be different and make change is what makes us the same, it makes us human and it is exactly the right ingredient for happiness. After all that is all we want, that is all we came here to do...

TBC


Heather Maciel
:S

No comments:

Post a Comment